Fern Hill Place Development in Farnborough
An enticing choice of 3 and 4 bedroom houses, in a central Farnborough location.
Now All Sold
This impressive development of three bedroom townhouses by Abbey New Homes is nearly sold out. The new development is fully constructed and the last two plots are awaiting their first owners. Built to a splendid specification the houses are finished internally in a neutral almond white emulsion with white double glazed windows and French doors. The contemporary kitchen includes a double electric fan oven and gas hob with complementary steel splash back and extractor hood with an integrated dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine. The bathrooms are fitted with modern white suites complemented by chrome fittings and part tiling to the walls. Located in an excellent central Farnborough location within walking distance of the train station and town centre shopping Fern Hill Place provides an excellent opportunity for those seeking a family home in a prime central location. If you require any further information please contact the Farnborough Office on 01252 375999 to speak to a sales representatives who will be happy to help you choose a home of which to be proud. To view the development brochure click here Justifiably proud of its long associations with the military and aviation, Farnborough is currently entering a new era with the regeneration of its town centre, making this the perfect time to move to Abbey Homes’ stunning new development, Fern Hill Place.
Situated close to the M3, Farnborough has no less than four rail stations, yet offers far more than a great commuter location and enviable views of the famous bi-annual International Air Show. This really is a great town for living life to the full. Convenient routes to work, whether for you this means on a local business park (perhaps the dynamic new IQ Farnborough site), in the capital or a neighbouring town such as Guildford, promise maximum free time to enjoy your new home and its environs. From our development, to be found off Union Street / Clockhouse Road, it’s a few minutes’ walk to Farnborough (Main) station for London Waterloo, a journey that averages only approximately 40 minutes. Farnborough (North) station offers routes to London Paddington and London Waterloo, each taking about an hour. Then there’s North Camp station on the North Downs line, and Ash Vale station on the Ascot to Guildford line. Overseas business travel is facilitated by Farnborough Airport, a dedicated business hub. For very local travel, Stagecoach Hampshire buses 1 and 2 run from nearby Victoria Road to Farnborough (Main) station and the town’s shopping area respectively. Sport is high on the agenda in this area, the facilities including Farnborough Leisure Centre - one of the largest in Hampshire and offering a 33 metre swimming pool, teaching pool, health suite, badminton, squash and various classes - as well as the 10-lane Farnborough Bowl. Other options include the Fit4less gym in Princes Mead Shopping Centre, and the Southwood Golf Course, an 18-hole course to the west of the town and open to the public. In nearby Aldershot, the Garrison Sports centre is for both Army and public use. Aldershot also has an open-air lido and Alpine Snow Sports for skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing. Many of the well-known High Street names, including Debenhams, can be found in the town centre, which is divided into three main retail areas: Kingsmead, Queensmead and Princes Mead. There are branches of Sainsbury’s and Asda, with a Morrison’s in Southwood. Retail parks offer today’s familiar clustering of DIY, electronics and pet care stores. There are also some shops and services available in nearby Victoria Road. Camberley, a few miles to the north, has a Vue cinema and The Camberley Theatre, a venue offering film, drama, comedy and more. Aldershot has two venues which between them offer a wide choice of entertainment from classical ballet to a comedy club, while Guildford’s Yvonne Arnauld Theatre is one of the country’s leading regional production theatres. The Farnborough area offers a range of eating out options, from affordable child-friendly establishments, to quality Continental and ethnic inspired restaurants. There are many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, including Brickfields Country Park (a peaceful, natural park), Aldershot’s Manor Park, an 11 hectare expanse with several amenities, and the Basingstoke Canal, a 32-mile towpath and waterway with an attractively situated visitor centre in the village of Mytchett. Also worthy of visits are the North Downs Way, and unique visitor attractions such as Farnborough Air Sciences Trust Museum and Aldershot Military Museum. Education and health care are readily accessible. The town has schools for all ages as well as Farnborough College of Technology for degree-level courses. The nearest schools for younger students include Tower Hill Primary in Fowler Road, St. Peter’s C of E junior on Church Avenue, St Patrick’s Catholic Primary in Whitefriars and Wavell School in Lynchford Road for 11-16 year-olds. Frimley Park Hospital, just a few miles away, is an NHS general hospital with new A&E and day surgery unit scheduled to open in 2012.
An Introduction to Abbey New Homes
Abbey New Homes is a subsidiary of Abbey plc whose principal activities are residential housing development in the UK, Ireland and the Czech Republic.
For two generations, the sales sign in front of our Abbey New Homes developments has become a familiar sight in the South
East of England. With many thousands of homes and satisfied customers to our credit, we continue to offer ‘Beautiful Homes, Attractively Priced’.
As a responsible developer we endeavour to provide information that portrays as accurate a picture as possible of your future home and we would like to point out the following:
- Whilst every care is taken to ensure accuracy of all published material, we reserve the right to amend or improve the specification, materials, floor layouts and site plans.
- The landscaping shown on the site layout is indicative of a matured development and, as with all new developments, is subject to approval by the Local Authority. The artist has also tried to give some indication of how extra planting could be used to enhance the appearance of your home. As we try to provide as much variety as possible, the configuration of homes, garage positions, brick colours, windows, external treatments and levels can vary from plot to plot. We can therefore only give typical illustrations.
- Steel weather beater front entrance door with chrome ironmongery and Flemish obscure glass
- White panelled internal doors with chrome ironmongery
- Gas fired central heating
- Pressurised water system
- Almond white emulsion to walls
- All woodwork to be an acrylic finish
- Smooth ceilings throughout
- White uPVC double-glazed windows and French doors where applicable
- External water tap
- Turfed front gardens (which may be planted dependent on planning requirements) with rear gardens graded and rotavated only
- Allocated parking space/spaces
- A range of contemporary kitchen units with complimentary work surfaces to choose from
- A choice of upstands to match work surface
- Double fan assisted electric oven
- Gas hob and chimney hood
- Stainless steel splashback
- Integrated dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine.
- Please note that plots 6, 7, 8 & 9 will be provided with an integrated Slimline dishwasher.
Cloakrooms, Bathrooms and En-suites
- Contemporary white sanitaryware with chrome fittings.
- Shaver point to en-suites.
- A choice of ceramic wall tiles.
- Recessed chrome downlighters to bathrooms and en-suites
- Mains operated smoke detectors.
- Wiring provided for front porch light.
- Telephone socket to living room and master bedroom.
- Television socket to living room and master bedroom.
- Double switched power-points throughout plus TV satellite digital and FM system point.
The kitchen and ceramic tile choices will only be available subject to the stage of construction, in some instances they will have already been pre-selected. All homes are offered with a N.H.B.C. 10 year warranty.