The village has its own primary school which dates back to 1911, a village church and the Queens Head public house. The school keeps up many enjoyable traditions left behind by other schools, such as maypole dancing at the May Fair. A mansion house, known as Dogmersfield House or Dogmersfield Park, overlooks Tundry Pond. Built in 1727 by John-Mildmays, it is rumoured that, to clear the view of the lake from the house the majority of the village was moved brick by brick from near the lake to its current location. The house has had various uses, as a residential property and then as Reeds School in the 1900s and later a Roman Catholic institute of teaching Brothers. After this it became Daneshill Boarding School until it became unsustainable to run and was sold to an investor. At this time the building was partially burned down and fell into disrepair. In recent years Dogmersfield House has been restored and enlarged to form the five star Four Seasons Hotel. For further information about Dogmersfield and the surrounding area, or to enquire about property for sale or to rent in Dogmersfield please contact the local office: Hartley Wintney Office 01252 844015 firstname.lastname@example.org, Lettings 01522 514000 or email@example.com.
Dogmersfield is a small and peaceful village between Fleet and Hartley Wintney. The Basingstoke Canal runs through the village and a lake, known as Tundry Pond, is situated in the grounds of Dogmersfield House. Henry VIII's elder brother Prince Arthur and his wife Catherine of Aragon are said to have stayed in the village.